Welcome


Welcome to my web said the spider to the fly. Or 'sumtim like that. I begin this with my heartfelt thanks to the thousands of meshers, recolourists, modders, decorators, builders, designers, programmers, and fellow Sims addicts without whom none of this would be possible. Through your creativity, tireless efforts, kindness and willingness to share you have brought this game to life and kept thousands of people who would have otherwise lost interest; playing. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Introduction

I discovered early on in game play that even on my best days trying to keep track of all of my Sims is a lot like herding cats. I found it confusing, irritating, and not a lot of fun. I committed then and there (sans the odd exception) to restrict the lots I build or borrow small in size primarily for this reason.

On my quest for small lots I stumbed across Plasticbox at MTS2 and fell in love with the Newbie Road houses rebuilt-revisited. Actually I'm a Plasticbox fan period, but I digress. As a child my parents either camped or rental small cottages the Wasaga Beach area of Ontario one week out of every summer. Sometimes other family members (aunts, uncles, and cousins) would share or rent the same weeks next door or across the street and my fondest childhood memories are of those holidays spent with family.

What passed as a cottage to us were actually pre-world war homes converted into summer rentals. I always tried to imagine them as actual homes with growing families attempting to cram a lifetime of stuff into something not much bigger than today's storage units and it was this that became my challenge. I downloaded a slew of Newbie Road houses and did my best to fit a lifetime into a box. It encouraged me to come up with some pretty creative storage and decorating ideas and I great fun doing it.

To tell the truth my real life is not a lot different. As an artist and writer and err...crafty person...I have A LOT of stuff. Art supplies, craft supplies, office supplies, half finished work, finished work, works in progress, old work, new work and books and books and books and more books. I have always had to find ways to store creatively and have gotten quite good at it over the years. Of course it helps that I thrive in chaos. Apparently so do my Sims now that my decorating and design style has crossed over into Sims land.

Enjoy. Any and all comments are encouraged and appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment